Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

One sock, two socks, my socks, blue socks!

I finally had some time yesterday to get outside and take pics of my new FOs - a pair of Tidal Wave socks in Sweet Georgia's Tough Love sock yarn (Riptide colourway). I took my new pretties out into the yarn to play in the spring weather. I think they had a good time:

I'm very pleased with how the pattern & the colour worked together...Now I just have to find time to wash 'em, so I can wear 'em! This course I'm in - thank FSM it's only 5 weeks! - has a lot more homework than I was ready for. It's going fine, but I'm not getting as much knitting done (or, you know, dishes, laundry, cooking, etc) as I thought I might. Oh well. Halfway done. Mr.Q has stepped up to the plate admirably as far as the household chores go, but I'm not quite ready to ask him to wash my hand-knits. Not he, who thinks "dreadlocking" the knitting is great fun!

But now I'm home, I only have one assignment to print out & I'm done all my homework for this week (I actually haven't procrastinated at all...yet...which is a little out-of-character and surprising for me. I'm kind of enjoying the lack of stress, though I'm not quite sure what do with this relaxed feeling. Weird!) I had to do a grammar presentation today, and I think I rocked it. Yes, that's me, a grammar geek. I kind of like grammar. I think it's fun.

Is that more or less embarrassing a (not so) secret than wearing socks with Birkenstocks? I'll have to ponder that. Perhaps over some knitting and Torchwood. Ianto makes me tingle, with that sexy Welsh accent!

2 comments:

Pam the Yarn Goddess said...

Gorgeous socks! I downloaded the pattern, but it doesn't say what size it fits. I have big honkers for feet - what size would you say they go up to? I usually have to cast on between 72 and 80 stitches, which these obviously don't call for.

Good to see you!

Mrs A said...

oohh love the socks, i just knitted a cardie for my daughter in a very similar colour, so i may have to do a pair to match!