Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Shoulda, coulda, woulda

So, we went camping on Vancouver Island last weekend with my sister and her family, and I meant all week to post about it. Obviously, I did not! Some quick highlights:

There were Goats on a Roof:

There were walks on the beach, just a couple hundred meters from our campsite:

And there was a very jolly baby, who thought the waves at sunset were the Best Thing Evar:

All this, and more, would have been posted about, had the week not got away from me.

Then, we went out last night for Lebanese food, and I brought my camera with the intention of blogging about it....Got as far as taking a picture of our drinks:

...When dinner arrived. At which point, all thoughts of cameras and blogs went out the window. Oh. My. Bob. The food was amazing! Instead of ordering entrees, we shared several appetizer dishes: some lemon-broiled chicken; some lemon-marinated cauliflower that was then broiled; toasted halloumi cheese; a salad with dried apricots and feta; and then baklava and cardamom custard with Turkish coffee for dessert. Soooo good!

This morning, I dragged myself out of bed to go to the local farmers' market...always a bit of an adventure, but worth it for the tomatoes alone. Taste of summer, anyone?

Now for some of those fresh strawberries...Nom nom nom!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that picture of Liam is ridiculously adorable. That huge chubby smile cracks me up!

Anonymous said...

Dude! Did you go to Coombs? Love it there.

Those tomatoes look amazing.