Pages

Friday, May 4, 2007

Jedi Mind Tricks

One of the swaps I signed up for this month is a blue yarn swap...Blue? Yarn? How could I resist? I didn't even try to put up a fight - I know I'm weak, and some days I love it! I wanted something cool for my partner (and I didn't want to have to deal with the spotty service at most of the local yarn stores) so I put in a call to my pusher.

Who delivers, bless her! Also when she brings me a "hit", she usually digs around in her records to bring something for Mr.Q. The idea is that he'll be so distracted by the pretty, shiny record, he won't notice the new yarn.

Which is a nice theory, but he's suspicious when I happily hand him an unsolicited record, and he's figured it out. Doh! However, this Jedi Mind Trick has had an unexpected result. Last night, he said, and I quote, "I'm not going to deny you yarn. If you really want yarn, buy yarn. Buy a whole dumptruck of yarn!"

(We will gloss over the fact that he had had several beer when he said this.) The question is, should I take him at his word all at once? (Where would I put it all just now?) Or in bits and pieces, so he doesn't know when the dumptruck's empty, and I can keep it coming?

In the meantime, of course, I "accidentally" got a little something for myself, as well as for my swap partner...these pretties will soon be socks for me. As soon as I finish the second of Mr.Q's birthday socks. His feet are bigger than I thought....


No comments: