Pages

Friday, November 28, 2008

Lame Duck Post

Yarnpiggy tagged me for a knitting meme...and having nothing original to say for myself, I'm gladly (and finally!) taking up the challenge...so here goes!

What is your all time favorite yarn to knit with?
Hmmm.....Malabrigo sock would be one. Not as stretchy as some, but not splitty or any unpleasantness like that, and it feels soooooo sexy on the hands! (And feets, too!) I also really like BMFA Socks that Rock. A lot.

Your favorite needles?
I am luuurving my new Harmony circs! And they look so pretty in the yarn.

The worst thing you've ever knit?
Ummm....well....there was this stole I knit for a family friend a few years ago for Christmas. I had no idea what I was doing, really, I was still a very novice knitter. I used acrylic boucle -which was, to be fair, nice and soft - but a nightmare for a noob to be using! Especially with a project of that size. Knit lengthwise, entirely in garter stitch. On needles that were probably a size too small. And I didn't really understand why one should cast off loosely, so it was a very...ummmm....interesting geometric shape in the end.

Bless her, the recipient never said a word about it, and wore it all day. Don't know if she's put it on since, and don't want to know if I want to know! I'm knitting her something a little extra special this year, to make up for it.

Your most favorite knit pattern? (maybe you don't like wearing it...but it was the most fun to knit)
Tuscany, once I got the hang of it. Easily-memorized sock patterns (NOT Charades!).


Most valuable knitting technique?
Learning how to pick up a dropped/missed yarn over. Also, lifelines.

Best knit book or magazine?
I'm honestly not all that familiar with a lot of knitting books or magazines. I read Interweave Knits, of course, and might just ask for a subscription for my birthday one of these years...On my wee knitting bookshelf, one of my favourite finds was a seriously discounted copy of Knitting Nature. (And, of course, the Yarn Harlot books...!)

Your favorite knit-a-long?

Umm...yeah...well...I do tend to jump on a lot of bandwagons, but have yet to see one through. The NaKniSweMo was a bomb - though I did accomplish my intended goal of knitting too much of a sweater not to finish it! Does the Ravelympics count? Coz that was way fun!


Your favorite knitwear designer?

???? No opinion.


The knit item you wear the most? (how about a picture of it!)

Socks, of course! These two pairs in particular are my current faves:
The Smooshy Charades:
And the Malabrigo River Rapids:
Though the frequent wearing-of-the-socks is also due to the freezing temperature in my morning classrooms.

There. That's about all I've got for you at the moment. Coffee is waiting, and a pile of dishes and unfolded laundry. Good times.

No comments: