Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Can't get my mojo workin'

Blah.

I wore the stole to work on Thursday...loved it, it felt great (much, much warmer than I was expecting!) I've had my head full of plans since I blocked the beastie...finish the Viking Sweater of Doom; knit something out of that silvery Sweet Georgia lace-weight (yarn so sexy I prolly shouldn't mention it on a family blog, it makes me feel that good to think of wearing it! *ahem*); knit a pair of socks for the Sock Summit sock hop (the class list was posted today...squee!)...hell, just finish the washcloth I stalled out on halfway through.

And I just can't do any of it. I put in a Buffy DVD and actually watched it, without wanting to knit! Crikey! I hope this isn't permanent!

So here I am, home from grocery shopping, with a day to myself while Mr.Q's out celebrating his birthday (yes, again) with a pub crawl of epic proportions...and the dishes are done, laundry's reasonably under control, I had such a late lunch that supper's a non-issue, there's no reason not to be in my PJs...prime knitting time, non?

Non. No, nein, nyet, nada.

I got nuthin'.

Guess I need a bit of a time-out after that last marathon. And you know what? I think I'm OK with that (for a limited time!) Coz in the meantime, what I do have is 3 lazy, cuddly felines, a little more Buffy, and some vanilla vodka to mix with that Godiva's liqueur. Not to mention some pajamas calling my name.

Sounds like a perfect date-night-with-self to me!

2 comments:

Pam the Yarn Goddess said...

Sounds great to me, Mrs. Q... except that after one of those vodka/Godiva thingies, I'd fall asleep sooner than usual. But I suppose that's okay, too. In fact, I'm in my jammies (although I got about two rounds on a sock - wow) and have been dozing for much of the night (hence, my extraordinary speed knitting). Think I'll go back to sleep in my chair before I fall asleep in front of the computer.

Barb Matijevich said...

I've been kind of going through the same thing with my knitting. And a little bit with ...well, LIFE. Like, I'm oddly content to veg in front of the television or to nap with my cats and I would prefer to answer those major life questions (will this diet ever end, will I ever drink wine again, will I figure out what I want to be when I grow up?) at some distinctly later point.