Pages

Friday, May 15, 2009

Two-fer

Long weekend...woot! And I am so ready for it. It has been a nutty-busy week. Next week will be twice as much of the same. Enough so that I actually made a point of remembering to bring marking home over the weekend, which I never do. The week was capped off nicely, though, by a visit with an old friend from junior high, whom I haven't seen in a couple of years. She was her with her new-ish baby, who I got to meet for the first time. Such a lovely little snuggle-monkey! (And slimy, too.)

We went for Greek food for a late lunch/early supper. Then, as she was driving me home, we made a spontaneous stop here:

They let you sample little bits of all the weird gelatos and sorbetos, before you buy. And when I say weird, I mean weird. Wasabi. Durian. Roasted garlic. Chocolate and chili - usually a favourite combination of mine, but this stuff was spicy. Like, Dave's Insanity hot. I even tried a little of this:

It was surprisingly good. But I walked out with a waffle cone of the Nut Kulfi - super-creamy, with pistachios and cardamom. Very, very yum.

When I got home, I finally got around to photographing my mail-box treasures from the week...not nearly as exciting as some people's, but I was excited all the same - 2 new project bags, ordered during a moment of (not-regretted) weakness on etsy. One, a lovely dark teal (darker than shown here):

And one that's absolutely perfect for socks-in-progress:

Very exciting, I tell you! Almost as exciting as getting the mountain of laundry finally folded and put away. (I need to slow down, the adrenaline rushes are starting to take their toll....)

3 comments:

yarnpiggy said...

Mmmmmmmm, Kulfi! I sooooo want to take a wee trip to the gelato place right now...

Love the bags -- especially the sock monkey one! :-)

Anonymous said...

Did you meam to get the guy's smiling face between the gelatos?


Leah

Rabbitch said...

AAAAHHHH! Monkeys! My eyes!