Pages

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Where to begin?

I don't even know where to start with the last 3 days. I am absolutely exhausted, and it has been worth every sleep-deprived minute! My pal Anne, who was my Sock Summit roomie last year, picked me up at the airport and took me back to her house. I slept like a log, we had a leisurely morning on Friday, and sometime after lunch, we hit the road. We arrived at our hotel in Poughkeepsie with some time to spare before meeting some of her crazy (and way cool!) friends for dinner, so we drove up the road a bit. We took in some of the local history:



Sculptures made from pieces of the Berlin Wall:


A shot (poorly capturing the colours!) of the valley, from the back yard of FDR's house:


A better shot of some of the local colour:


During dinner, I managed to weave in the ends of the fingerless mitts I had been working on. But to have them ready to wear for the morning, there was still the matter of washing them...and drying! Knitterly ingenuity came to the rescue. I had the forethought to pack a small bottle of Euclan, and there was a hair dryer in our hotel, as well as a space heater:




Victory! And a good thing, too, coz the wind at the fairgrounds on Saturday was wicked-cold! We got up at 6:30 to get to the grounds early, which would have been OK except that my laptop was still showing Pacific time. 3 hours earlier. Oy!
But the rest will have to wait for another post, as I am bone-tired, and have yet to finish packing before I go to bed. More tomorrow!

No comments: