Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

21st Century Post

Well, I finally did it. I went out after work today, and I came home with a cell phone. I'm feeling a little stunned, a little like I got a "free" pass to the candy store, and rather a lot intimidated by all this technology stuff. I asked for the simplest, least-decked-out phone I could get - and this thing will still do just about everything but make my student loans magically disappear. (I don't think anything will ever do that...sigh! There - daily dose of self-pity done with. Thanks for listening.)

I wanted to post a picture taken with the phone, but I haven't quite figured out how to get it from my phone into the ether of the innernets and then onto the blog. But I guess one thing at a time is OK too!

Anyway, here I am, with my new technology in hand. It's blue. Are you surprised?

Also, the title of the post is significant for more reasons than mere surrender to high-tech inevitability: Mr.Q plays bass, see, and one of his kajillion musical projects, his main one, is a band that's just about a 3rd CD. They're about to start doing some touring, and we needed a better way to stay in touch while he's on the road. Instead of me just sitting by the phone hoping he'll call before I go to bed. That's no fun at all! Anyway, if you like rock'n'roll, and follow the link, you'll be able to listen to the first single - 21st Century Ghost. You'll get to read more of me gushing over the next few weeks, as they're getting some good reviews, and I'm tremendously proud of him!

I have yet to post about their show on the weekend...I have some great sock shots! Reclaiming knitting for rock & roll. Or vice versa, I'm not sure yet. But I am hungry; dinner was delayed due to cell-phone absorption! So off to eat some of Jel's coconut soup.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

which vancouver papaer should we all be buying and on what day to see the fabuuulous review?

Anonymous said...

Congrats to both of you!!