Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Back in the Saddle Again

I kind of broke the computer last weekend, so blogging - as well as emailing, Rav-surfing, wikipedia-trawling, and all manner of other internet-related activities, have been impossible. (Ask me just how well we managed. Turns out there are 2 of us who are rather internet-dependent. On the other hand, we got lots of other stuff done, and I missed getting in on a big Knit Picks order, which is really not a bad thing.)

(On the other other hand, I didn't break the computer till after the BMFA "Once in a Blue Moon" Rare Gems sale...and might have had sort of a little accident there....ooops!)

Anyhoo. I'm back at work, full-bore-and-a-half, and Mr.Q has just finished the first week of his second round of apprenticeship classes. We had my brother & his squeeze here for a couple of days before they took off globe-trotting, and we had a good visit. Otherwise, there's not much to tell, really.

Well, except that I finally got to see the latest Dr.Who special, "The End of Time," which nearly broke my heart. (Though I'm not ready to dismiss the Eleventh Doctor just yet, as I had serious doubts about David Tenant when he took over, and my-oh-my did he do a fine job!) Still, the end of Ten was pretty heart-wrenching. (I may have even cried, though I'll never admit it in public. And honestly, I think I'm going to miss Wilfred almost as much as Doctor #10!)

Over the last few days of holiday bliss, before we headed back into Real Life...I did a lot of this:

And this:

While Mr.Q did a lot of this:


And now things are all back to the usual routine, at least for now (all bets are off come February!) But in the meantime, life continues apace Chez Quimby. I hope the year is off to a good start for the rest of you! Be back soon, there's some coffee that needs pouring just now....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cried
I don't think Wilfred is gone for good.
Hey, got any soup?

LOL

Anonymous said...

wow - all set out like that - looks amazing. how do you have room in your freezer for all that? lookng forward to seeing you. love ya!
(mom, in case you an't tell...)

Mrs.Q said...

I am brilliant at Tetris.

Monica (aka monnibo) said...

I will miss DT because he was the main reason I watched Dr.Who.

And your baking and cooking looks absolutely delicious.