Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Hello Canada...

...and hockey fans, in the United States and Newfoundland!


Mr.Q got mega-brownie points today for venturing downtown to watch part of the hockey game, with about 12,000 of our new best friends. We got there early - about 3:00, the game started at 5:00 - found a sweet spot to park our chair, and had some very fine fish & chips from the Kaboom Box, one of the new food trucks hanging out around the city. (Very fine fish! A nice, light tempura batter that wasn't too heavy or greasy, and didn't overwhelm the delicate taste of the cod.)


We only stayed for the first period - it got windy and cold when the sun went behind the buildings (and I have to say, it's pretty weird watching hockey and worrying about sunscreen!). But it was So. Much. Fun!  I have never sung the National Anthem with such gusto, nor heard in sung so enthusiastically.  


A few pics of the adventure:











Probably just as well we left early, as getting a bus home would have been...interesting!  And I was both sun- and wind-burned, & my throat is still raw.


But I 'spect I'll be back for one of the games next week. You know, since I'm downtown for work already...

No comments: