Pages

Friday, June 13, 2008

Note to self...

Check the mirror before leaving the house!

One item on my to-do list today was to go to Mountain Equipment Co-op (I am so Canadian!) for some new hiking boots. I want to go play outside a little more, and need some decent footwear (ie: waterproof!) to do so.

As I was getting dressed, I thought I'd wear a black t-shirt that looks especially sporty with my comfy cargo pants...get into the hiking theme, that kind of thing. So, I put my black bra on. But the t-shirt had dryer lint all over it - had to change it. Chose a cream-coloured tee instead. Looked great with the pants.

I didn't even think to change my bra.

Then, I had eggs for breakfast. They spit at me, yolk all over the table. (And yes, I did look to see if they got me - I didn't see anything.)

I went to MEC and spent a good hour in the shoe department, where a very helpful young man assisted me in trying on about 17 pairs of boots. I finally picked one out, he helped me find the appropriate protective goop for them, and I left feeling quite satisfied. So much so, that I decided to go across the street to Michaels and just see what kinds of crafty goodies might be on sale. A good call, it turned out: dishcloth cotton yarn was on sale for $1/skein. While there, all the coffee from breakfast started to catch up with me, so I headed for the ladies' room. With the big mirror.

Cream-coloured shirt and black bra? Not such a good combo. Add breakfast to the tee, and I'm just lucky the fashion police didn't taser me on the spot.

(Oh, wait, sorry - it's just the RCMP that do that. I mean, I'm lucky the FP didn't forcefully wax my eyebrows on the spot. Thankfully, my toes were hidden...)

I was so traumatized, I had to stop on the way home and get myself the fixings for some gin-and-tonic as a consolation prize.

3 comments:

(formerly) no-blog-rachel said...

Oooh! Sounds as if you're as high-fashion as I am! :)

Sarah, Grand-Dutchess of Serendipity said...

I pulled out my lime green, platform, high heel, runners today. Oh ya, I am wearing them out in public.

Rebecca said...

That really sounds like one of my days. ☺