Pages

Sunday, June 29, 2008

I hope a unicorn humps your butt

At least, that's what the button my sister got for me says. Ain't she sweet?

Tuscany update - third time's the charm. So far. Not wanting to tempt fate, there.

I'm hot. Not complaining, after June-uary. Besides, it's hard to when you're a melted puddle on the floor anyway. It was at least 35 degrees celsius today (that's around 100 F, I think.)

Prolly not helping that my brother-in-law has the oven on right now, but we're a family with strong feelings about our bonding rituals and traditions. Just about to break out the baked-brie-and-jam. Got some garlic roasting, and a baguette to sop it up. Just the thing to top us up after the Beer Butt Chicken we had for dinner. (They call it "Violated Chicken." I took pictures. They're rather disturbing.)

Meanwhile, Mr.Q is snoring on the couch...could be he had a beer too many...could be the heat...but from the carpet burn on his knees, I'd say it's from a solid afternoon of playing "Tickle Camel" with 4 kidlets hanging off him at all times. And I'm not sure he didn't have more fun than they did. Come the kids' bedtime, he was the one who needed a time out. We had to ask the kids not to get him wound up anymore. Which they found highly entertaining.

It's good to be back in the Kootenays!

2 comments:

Sarah, Grand-Dutchess of Serendipity said...

The word is BUM. That's an important detail.

(formerly) no-blog-rachel said...

Beer Butt Chicken - we had that at a friend's house in Hawaii. Damn fine stuff - I just tried to keep the cooking process picture out of my mind.

They didn't refer to it as 'Violated' though - I may have to enlighten them. I'm sure they'll appreciate it.