Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Approaching the Summit

So...Registration for Sock Summit 2011 has come & done...with far fewer hiccups than last time, thank Bob! I am among the lucky ones who got their wish-list of classes. Though, to be honest, I had such a flexible wish-list that just about any combination would have been successful! Last time, I over-booked myself, and I didn't have a lot of time to see Portland, or energy to hang out with as many people as I would have liked. Mind you, it was still an amazing experience! But I wanted to give myself a bit more breathing room, schedule-wise. 

As it is, I'm still doing something every day. Oddly, only one class (knitting toe-up socks) is actually about knitting. I've got a photography class, an ergonomics class...and, of all things, a math class! So. Busy busy. But it should still leave me lots of time for shopping, visiting, and exploring Portland's many wonders. 

Including, serendipitously, the Oregon Brewfest. Located a mere 10-minute walk from our hotel, and en route from the Convention Center...sweet!

No comments: