Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Bah. (Actual Knitting Content!)

Rivendell socks: 1, MrsQ: 0

So far, anyway. Actually, the problem isn't the socks; the pattern is quite enchanting, and as there's a video link for the tricksy cluster stitches, it's smoother sailing than I'd anticipated.

The yarn, on the other hand, is Not Playing Well With Others

It's lovely yarn: Unique Sheep's Gradience Yarn in Silverlode (about 7 rows down, on the right-hand side) - most appropriate, I thought! And it's also quite pleasant to work with. Only, it's not "grading" as well as I'd hoped, and so the transition from silver-blue to blue-silver has a definite clunky stripe aspect to it. Not the elegant, elvish look I was hoping for!

Bah. I would just eliminate the lightest colour altogether, if I had another 50 yards of yarn, since, in the mini test sock I knit, the other 3 skeins blended together wonderfully.  As it stands, though, I'm 99.97% sure I'd run out of yarn, and end up with silver toes. Also not the look I'm hoping for!

I haven't given up yet. I've got one idea that just might work...off to frog & cast on again. Wish a Quimby luck, would you?

No comments: