Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A room of my own


See this chair, currently occupied by the gray beastie?


That's the only space I've had to sit & relax for the last week and a half, aside from the corner of the kitchen table that wasn't piled with boxes of stuff.

Ask me just how crazy I've been going. (Ask Mr.Q just how crazy I've been driving him!)

Happily, the carpet-layers came today. The ozone layer wasn't enough protection to ensure they laid it well, exactly, but there's a carpet in my Magic Room again, and that's good enough for me!

Mr.Q spent his free time this evening moving all my stuff in from the garage. I've spent most of the last 2 hours putting things into some semblance of order. It's still bloody chaos in here (why does unpacking take so much longer?), but at least I have a corner of my own again:

I 'spect it will take me awhile yet to be moved all the way back in. I'm trying to be disciplined and do a lot of sorting/recycling/tossing in the thrift store pile as I go. I'm done for tonight...now I'm going to re-appropriate my chair from the cat, make some tea, and go sit & stare at the walls before bed.

I am sooooo glad I've got my room back! The other bit of joy in it is that, as I get it set up again, we'll get the rest of the living room, kitchen & bedroom back, too. What a deal!

No comments: