Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Insomnia? Not quite

We interrupt your regularly-scheduled sleep for this emergency announcement. This is not a warning. We repeat, this is not a warning.

The gray beastie got out of the chair. He got peckish. Also, he got smart. Instead of sitting in the kitchen or hallway announcing his victory, he came into the bedroom with a mouse hanging out of his mouth. And once he was sure I was awake, he took it under the bed.

Thank FSM, Mr.Q (whose cat this is!) has just this minute walked in the door. It's midnight. I am not inclined to praise the mighty hunter's skills. I am tired. I want to be sleeping. I am, however, very grateful that the latest report from the trenches is that the mouse is still alive, hiding under the bookshelf. Rather than staining the carpet. The other cats, of course, are most helpfully curious.

We are not amused.

Thank you all for listening. Back to your regularly-scheduled beddy-bye time. I hope to follow soon.

No comments: