Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Tequila is my friend.

Proof that I don't just talk about knitting. (There are actually two socks, but the photo of the pair together showed just how much cat hair is on that floor. No need to make that public!)


I made him promise he'd trim his toenails whenever he wears them. Next time I'll use heavier yarn and bigger needles. I had this charming notion, when I started them, that it would be lovely to wrap Mr.Q's feet in socks in which every stitch was knit with love. By the time I got to the second sock, every stitch was knit with endurance. Toward the end, most were knit trying not to swear out loud in public while I gritted my teeth. But I stuck it out. For better or worse. Kinda like marriage, I guess.

Sheesh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tequila is my friend too and I'd better up the intake or decrease - having been defined as "a person of questionable sanity who starts her own cult". (thinking of carrying a wee bottle in my matching bag....sorry to hear about the bird incident! yuck - almost as bad as chapstick you know where ; ). I'm off to start making foil hats...

Rebecca said...

The socks are great - and soon you will be buying more yarn to make him another pair...