Pages

Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Sunny day, sweepin' the clouds away...I wish!

It wasn't enough to wake up to MORE rain this morning, nor weather warnings and wind again. Not even enough to wake up to traffic reports of flooded roads, thus making it necessary to leave for work early, Just In Case. There's a stretch of road on my bus route, you see, that regularly floods in this kind of weather. Which can add another 10 or 15 minutes to my usual scant 20-minute ride. (Didn't happen this morning, thankfully - which meant I was downtown early enough to get a really good Americano at my favourite downtown caffeine-pusher....mmmm!)

Nope, none of that was enough. Had to come home to sopping wet carpet in my Magic Room and a minor flood in the laundry room. HOPING it's just the rain, and not some mysterious plumbing problem. Since this is the third time it's happened, and our (thankfully conscientious!) landlord has explored all possible plumbing and drainage concerns. So. I have a living room stuffed with an unpright bass and sundry other instruments; the laundry baskets are cluttering up the bedroom; and the kitty litter box is currently living in the hallway.

Insert four-letter word of your choice here. I'm sure you're at least as creative as I am with that kind of thing...and I'm afraid that if I start, I won't stop, and my poor students tomorrow morning will get more of a lesson in English idiom than they bargained for. (f*#&-ing adjectives!)

No comments: