Pages

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Hitting the mail right on the head

OK, I have to admit, that's a pretty cheesy title for a post. But what can I say? The mail's made me happy this week. Yesterday, after a painful three-week wait, I got my toothpicks - I mean, Brittany Birch DPNs in the mail.



Today, I came home to find a fab package from
Alaska waiting for me:

Note that, although the yarn is quite lovely, and soft, and I'm quite taken with it, that's not what really caught my attention. Please pay special attention to the word HUCKLEBERRY:

I LOVE huckleberries, completely and unreservedly. With the passion that some people reserve for sports events such as World Cup Soccer. (Thanks Rebecca!)

In other news, I wore the New Socks today. Which was quite exciting, right up to the point where I realized I would have to wash them again. By hand. And leave them to dry on the counter for another 2 days. Ooops! Guess I'll save them for special occasions. Also, though the fit was QUITE comfy, the knitted fabric felt a little odd on my feet. Not as soft as anticipated. This is not a problem. This means that I can justify the alpaca/silk sock yarn I've been eager to try. (Mwah hah hah hah hah!)

1 comment:

Anie said...

what could beat chocolate and yarn in the mail..ok maybe a big cheque..but what the hey!!