Pages

Monday, July 23, 2007

Again with the not-knitting!

The forecast calls for an absence of knitting over the next fews days, and a low-stash-awareness front holding off any likelihood of change until at least the weekend.

Ladies and gents, Harry Potter is on his way over right this very minute! Friends of ours picked up not one but TWO copies of the new book - they couldn't agree on who would get to read it first - and one is finished already. And here I am, supposedly going to bed early coz I'm sick. Hah!

I've been trying valiantly to avoid any media coverage, reviews, blog posts about the book, to stay away from spoilers. But now that I'm moments away from having the book in my hot little hands...I wonder just how long I can hold off opening it to the last page?

In honour of the event:

The sorting hat says that I belong in Ravenclaw!

<

Said Ravenclaw, "We'll teach those whose intelligence is surest."

Ravenclaw students tend to be clever, witty, intelligent, and knowledgeable.
Notable residents include Cho Chang and Padma Patil (objects of Harry and Ron's affections), and Luna Lovegood (daughter of The Quibbler magazine's editor).


Take the most scientific Harry Potter Quiz ever created.

Get Sorted Now!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a hufflepuff - is that a surprise? let us know how the book is - best get busy with the munchkins. get them ready for when mom comes home...

Anonymous said...

I'm a Ravenclaw too! And I did not skip to the end, I'm so proud of myself!! I did, however, finish the book in record time, and then went back and reread it because I was sure I had to have missed something reading so fast. Oh, and also just not wanting it to be over yet. Have fun! Post your review!

Rebecca said...

I have the book waiting on my table...but since I decided to reread them all before reading the new one, I am bogged down in book 5 right now, probably not smart to see the new movie right before rereading the book, decreases the desire to get to the end. I should probably skip it and go onto book 6 - it's been so long since I've read that one, and I've only read it once, so it should be fast. Slow knitting, slow reading...