Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Wha'?

How is it already Wednesday again? How is it past the middle of July already? Eeek.

It's raining here today, and in the continued absence of air conditioning, it's a blessing! I'm going to do my best to remember this in the dead of next winter. We'll see how successful I am.

Lace knitting...is interesting. Turns out you need to be able to count to do it well. Turns out there's a reason I teach English and not math! It's not that I can't count, it's that I get so easily distracted by other things...."57, 58, 59...oooh! Shiny! Now where was I? Drat!" Add a few yarn-overs and strange decreases to the mix, and it's a disaster-in-the-making. But still fun!

Except...I'm not sure it's going to be wide enough, even with a good stern blocking. I've put it aside for a few days while I make up my mind about it - I don't want to keep going if I'm not going to be happy with it and I'm going to start it all over again anyway. So...it's tucked away for a couple of days while I decide what to do.

(Secretly, it's not so much the size that's the issue, as it is the fact that it's just not blue. How pathetic is that? No, don't answer that!)

Meanwhile, I've got another pair of socks on the go - will post a pic when there's more go show. For now...off to bed! (After just one more row....)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I know what you mean. Last night I was still valliantly trying to get through clue 1 of my MS3 while my husband watched a baseball game. "Two balls, Two strikes, bottom of the 8th" Pssh. Fuggetaboutit! If I finish by Christmas, I will be lucky.

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain with the shawl. I'm on chart C. A good week behind the majority of the knit-along. I don't count, except to count repeats. Instead, I make sure that I am lined up correctly with what I have already knitted. If there is a yarn over on the chart below the stitch I am about to knit, then there had better be a yarn over hanging on the right side of the left needle. I've only had to rip back twice so far....Doesn't look as neat and tidy as the Harlot's, but it's better than I expected. :D Keep at it!