Pages

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Go tell it on the mountain!

Bwahahahahahahahah! 24 hours ago, my Baby Sister - who can, by the way, knit - was mocking me for my "obsession." "You're weird," she would say. "I can't believe you do that."

Then, she showed up for a visit yesterday, and I showed her my stash. I told her I could teach her to knit socks while she was here. She said no thanks.

But when she got up she asked how hard it would be to knit baby socks. This morning, we popped into a couple of yarn stores, where I sort of enabled the beginning of her own stash. (Beentsy will be thrilled to hear that she went straight for the Noro.)

This afternoon, she turned her first heel:

This was more of a challenge for her than it might be for others...She's rather an independent spirit, and had a hard time with the "don't ask questions, just do what you're told" aspect of heel-turning. But she did it, and was mighty pleased with herself in the end:

I'd love to tell you more about it, but just now I have to go show her how to graft the toe...

4 comments:

Sarah, Grand-Dutchess of Serendipity said...

I can't believe you put a picture like that of your little sister on the internet. I don't even remember you taking it. Oh. And when this comes out, my husband is going to lose it in your direction. I will never be able to buy wool in Zellers again....*sigh*

yarnpiggy said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Not another Whoro! Step away from the Noro!

(That's pretty awesome, though.)

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

We gets them all, because we're tricksy!

Gary said...

DADTM.......Don't Ask, Don't Tell Me... genetic, generations old, results in lumpy forheads