Pages

Friday, November 13, 2009

Playing Doctor

So I had a doctor's appointment today to follow up with the Great Gas Experiment of 2009...Because my doctor works early hours, it meant flying out of work and into a waiting taxi the minute classes finished...Then holding my breath as the taxi driver raced me across town to be at my appointment in 15 minutes. And we got there, relatively safely, only a couple minutes late.

At which time I settled in and waited 50 minutes - yes, that's right, FIFTY - before finally telling the receptionist (nicely, ftr) on my way out that I'd call and reschedule another day.

I'm a little cheesed. See, I have to miss either an afternoon's work - or pay the equivalent in taxi fare - to get to her appointments. And to do all that and not even be able to see her, because Bob forbid I have other commitments and foolishly only allowed myself 45 minutes for the appointment...

Fuck.

Anyway, that's all the time I have to be grumpy about it, since I have to be out the door in 20 minutes to meet my peeps for an annual par-tay that I've been looking forward to for weeks now. It is cold outside today, and I'm awfully glad I've got all manner of hand-knits to keep me warm en route!

(PS - the chicken curry last night was just what the doctor ordered. Well, the doctor in my head anyway. If I waited for the doctor in real life, I'd probably still be waiting for yesterday's breakfast...!)

No comments: